13th Annual Chemical/Petrochemical Strategic Sourcing Summit
SUMMIT IS OVER!
SEE THE PAST SPEAKERS & CASE STUDIES
FROM LAST ANNUAL
Global Director Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing
Director Global Purchasing
PAST CASE STUDIES INCLUDE
Pascal VERHEIJDENProcurement Strategy & Functional Excellence Director
Intelligence as a competitive advantage in Strategic Sourcing
We have more data available than ever, but most procurement professionals struggle to distil the valuable intelligence out of the data and turn it into hard savings at the negotiation table. This presentation is about sharing our experiences over the last years to use intelligence as a competitive advantage in strategic sourcing, leading to superior results at the negotiation table.
- What is the valuable intelligence in our current world of big data and digitalization?
- How to build intelligence capabilities and position an intelligence team in Procurement?
- How to turn intelligence into strategies and money at the negotiation table?
Ruben ORQUINGlobal Director Supply Chain, Logistics & Purchasing
Purchasing Role in a Complex and Global Supply Chain Environment
Chemical Industry requires global and complex Supply chains, and Purchasing role in this context is the key to success. Purchasing Function needs to expand their traditional capabilities to provide solutions for global and wider problems adding value in terms of Security of Supply, Trade Working Capital, and Inventory Management above the traditional price competitiveness.
- The contribution of Purchasing in the Supply Chain
- Global and Complex Supply Chain requires a wide and deeper contribution of Purchasing Role
- Expand Purchasing capabilities to sustain value
Sabine DEPPEHead of BU Procurement LEA
LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
Reorganization in procurement and logistics
Sharing experiences and best practices from building up a centralized procurement and logistics function in a country. After several acquisitions, the local procurement and logistics activities needed integration and alignment regarding standard processes and global interfaces with the headquarters.
- Context of the reorganization
- Targeted operating model
- Project scoping and tasks
- Key challenges
- Exemplary outcomes and implementation prerequisites
Digitalization from Concept to Reality
DSM started a digital procurement journey in mid 2016. We had to create a clear mind change using moonshot projects and hackathons resulting into a new faster approach to roll out procurement solutions. I will share a couple of examples on Cognitive Agents, AI, Travel Management Tools and Transportation Management Systems.
- Try faster or fail Faster
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU ON BOARD IN 2019!
2018 CONFERENCE TOPICS
- Effective contract management strategies: increasing procurement value and cost savings
- Implementing the effective risk management strategies within the chemical/petrochemical industry in an area of volatility
- People capability
- Emerging Technologies/Digitalization
- Strategic sourcing and procurement (Global petrochemical market outlook)
- Market and competition: global co-operation for a secure supply of raw materials, how to establish policies and good governance the best?
- Value contribution
- Category management
- Operating models: global, regional, and local levels
- Changing raw material base
Members of board, C-level, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Heads of departments from chemical and petrochemical industry involved in:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Supply Chain
- Direct Procurement
- Operational Procurement
- Technical Procurement
- Category management